A rough storm came up one night and left a sandy beach strewn with starfish. The next morning, a child walked along the shore, stopping every few feet to pick up a starfish and flinging it out into the sea. An old man watched the child and finally shouted at him, "Why bother, son? There's too many starfish to make a difference!". With that, the boy picked up another starfish and looked at it intently before heaving out into the sea. He then turned to the old man and said...

"It Makes A Difference To This One"...

Sunday, August 2, 2009

We're here

Hi everyone!!! I am SO sorry that I haven't posted anything yet- we have experienced some technical difficulties with the internet that we had a hard time getting past! In addition, in the days leading to our departure from the US, I was so busy and up late every night doing things for the trip that I simply couldn't spare the time to sit down and make a proper post. So anyway, things are up and running now and I will be able to get everyone updated!!! I'm still trying to figure out how to post pictures-things are a little different over here (any suggestions by anyone who has BTDT would be appreciated!). I will sit down at the computer later on today and do a much more detailed post, telling you more about what has happened so far. We are all doing fine, we had a great (but LONG!) flight over, the food has been really good, we haven't had any major mishaps (so far!), and are having a great time!

We are preparing to meet Brody in ONE HOUR!!!!!!!!!!!! We are so excited that we can hardly sit still! Our coordinator, Elsie, has given us some additional information about Brody that was recorded by the orphanage, for example, he is still on a bottle, eats rice cereal, loves noisy toys, is easygoing, and loves to dance to music! It was so much fun to learn a little more about him. I reminisce about how special and earth-shattering "Gotcha Day" was with Makenna, and how our lives were forever changed for the better after September 18, 2006!!! Today is going to be exactly the same when I look back on it, and if I live to be 100, I'll never forget it, how it feels to be handed that little child whose entire future is changed on that day. Wow! What an experience!

Well, I gotta get ready to go to the Government Office to get our new little boy! Our waiting is almost over! I'll post again soon!!!!!!

7 comments:

  1. OOOOHHHH!!! Where are the pictures??? I have been checking in about 3-4 times a day!! Love you guys and are soooo excited for you! Have you tried uploading your pictures to flickr or photobucket? I nedd a picture fix fast!!
    Love ya, Sandy, Tim Samie and Sydney

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cna't wait to see your next post and really hope you can figure out the picture thing!! I think some people email posts and pictures to a friend and they post it for you! Very happy for you:)

    Annie (another DG Momma)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!! What an exciting time for your family!!!! I look forward to seeing your photos!!! Christe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats... I can't wait until Dylan has a China brother to play with while the girls do their dance thing. Enjoy every moment with Brody and come safely

    The Snelgrove's

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!! Can't wait to see your pictures! ENjoy!
    Jeanie(another DG mom)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It all sounds very exciting! I'm glad you all made it there safely, we can't wait to meet Brody!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats!! Looking forward to the posts about Brody!

    ReplyDelete