A rough storm came up one night and left a sandy beach strewn with starfish. The next morning, a child walked along the shore, stopping every few feet to pick up a starfish and flinging it out into the sea. An old man watched the child and finally shouted at him, "Why bother, son? There's too many starfish to make a difference!". With that, the boy picked up another starfish and looked at it intently before heaving out into the sea. He then turned to the old man and said...

"It Makes A Difference To This One"...

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Nesting

Hi everyone! There has been a flurry of activity around this house for the last 2 months or so, and it has intensified in the last 3 weeks. We have had 2 garage sales, made 3 trips to the good will, had the air ducts and the carpets cleaned, gotten Brody's room ready, redecorated the dining room and upstairs bathroom, gotten new furniture for Makenna's bedroom and the living room, completely cleaned the basement, did some touch-up painting, re-covered the chairs in the breakfast area, and I have gone room by room cleaning closets, baseboards, mirrors, knick-knacks, etc. Whew! No wonder I'm so tired! I mentioned how much I have gotten accomplished these last few weeks to someone, and they said "You're nesting!" I hadn't thought about it, but she was absolutely right! Through both of our waits for our children I have joked that although I may not be physically pregnant, I am definitely emotionally pregnant! In some ways, I am similar to women I have known who are in the last few weeks of pregnancy- I am definitely nesting, I have gained weight (stress related!), I am extremely excited but nervous about how painful the process is going to be, I dream about my child all the time, and I am very ready to get it over with! Next thing you know, I'll be parking in the spot reserved for "expectant mothers" at the grocery store!!!! This time next week, we'll be in the air on our way to China. Just a little longer, Brody!

4 comments:

  1. How exciting for you! So very close to your little boy now. Hope all goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You totally deserve that parking space! You will be in China in a week!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! I had to laugh out loud at your nesting and weight gain because it is sooo true! My only saving grace is that I will be giving "birth" to a 41 lb baby!! Can't wait to see our kids playing in China!

    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for safe travel and a blessed trip as you go to bring Brody home! We'll be waiting to meet the little guy! Love you guys!

    Milt and Kathie

    ReplyDelete