A rough storm came up one night and left a sandy beach strewn with starfish. The next morning, a child walked along the shore, stopping every few feet to pick up a starfish and flinging it out into the sea. An old man watched the child and finally shouted at him, "Why bother, son? There's too many starfish to make a difference!". With that, the boy picked up another starfish and looked at it intently before heaving out into the sea. He then turned to the old man and said...

"It Makes A Difference To This One"...

Saturday, July 18, 2009

Makenna is very funny...

Hi all! Last evening we were snooping around the clothing department at Target, and Makenna was looking at the bikinis. She pulled one off the rack, showed it to me and said, "Mommy, when my boobies grow up can I wear this?". I said "Sure!" and she said, "otay!", and Bernie and I just looked at each other and laughed. I just love the way her mind works and the way she sees the world-she says such funny things!

The weather here is going to be beautiful this weekend- a high of 79 today, which is completely unheard of this time of year. Last night's low was in the 50's- reminds you of fall. Good sleeping weather!

Not much going on here this weekend- I need to do some cleaning and some more packing. I have already gotten started on the packing, and I just can't believe how much stuff we need to take. The bad thing is that we'll bring even more stuff home (not to mention the wonderful thing we'll bring home- Brody!!)!!! Have a great weekend!!!

6 comments:

  1. Very cute!!! Don't tell Makenna, but some boobies, sadly, never grow up - mine included!!! UGH!!! LOL!!!

    Ann (DG Momma)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wanted to say hello. I found your blog through RQ. We are also in KC and are waiting on TA for our almost 2 year old son. I'll be following your travels. Good luck!
    Elliesmama

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! Brody is adorable.

    Katrina

    http://onefamiliesjourneytochina.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I too came upon your blog via RQ. Brody is just adorable. We have a daughter from Dongguan!!

    Congrats on Brody - soon you'll have him in your arms.

    Hugs,
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your long-awaited referral! When you are ready to get her adorable finding ad (with a photo months younger than her referral photos!) come visit us at www.Research-China.org.

    We can assist in answering many of your questions!

    All the best!

    Brian

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats your beautiful son! I saw you on RQ. We have two daughters from Guangdong province and brought home our 5 year son from Hefei last November. Safe and happy travels to you!

    Betsy

    ReplyDelete